More carnival party ideas and printable freebies

I have been working on some projects for Ezra and Libby's birthday carnival and wanted to share some freebies I made with you guys. Here is the file for a template for some water bottle labels. I bought the labels from Michael's. They are made by Gartner and can be purchased HERE
Click on the image to enlarge and save to your computer, then just add your text in any photo editing software and you're then click to print. (Note*: These labels are VERY sticky so make sure before you apply it to the bottle that it's straight b/c there is no room for error.  I ruined several labels trying to peel them off)
Here's what they look like with the added text and affixed to a water bottle.


I also used the same template to just print them to plain paper and taped the cut out paper strips to these glass bottles.  


I found this adorable carousel horse printable HERE and it can be downloaded or printed directly from HERE
After I printed them out I just hand cut them all out and used a glue stick to attach them to my striped
straws.
Here is a smaller version of the horses. Just click on the image to open then save to your computer. I plan on using these to attach to a straw and slip over the handle of some candied apples.




I purchased some 7x9 yellow and white striped paper treat bags online but I only needed them to be 4.5x6 so I just folded over the side of the bag longitudinally and used a glue stick to make the bag more narrow as you can see below.  Then I cut about 3 inches off the top of the bag so that the "ticket" portion of the invite would stick out.  I had a left over piece of bag which I then used a glue stick on to close the bottom portion to create a little pouch to hold tickets.  Each child will come to the party with at least 5 tickets.  The games they will play will allow them to win more tickets to use at the prize booth to get goodies, but in case they aren't into the games they at least will come with something to use to pick out their prizes.  I bought some clear sticker sheets from Michael's and printed directly onto those for the ticket pouches.  I just cut them out and they stuck really well onto the paper bags.


Here is the file for the sticker sheets.  Just click to open then save to your computer and print.
Since the top of the bags reserved the little flap, they made a perfect pouch to hold the tickets.  I used some washi tape to close the flap.

For the invitations I wanted a 3-D effect, so I bought these jump rings from Hobby Lobby's jewlery department and using a safety pin created a hole in the some image of cotton candy and then laced the ring through the hole.  These are very maleable and I was able to open the rings just with my fingers.


I then attached the ring to this little printable banner I made with the kids' names.  So it has a pendant effect and put the little ticket pouch into each bag.


Here is the printable for the banners.  Just click on the image to enlarge and then save to your computer and add text in any photo editing software.  I personally use Photoshop and the font I used is called Rio Grande.


For the invitations that I needed to mail the bags were the perfect size to use as envelopes, so I just wrapped the invites in much the same way with the banner, but instead of using the bags for the ticket pouches I made some with some red and white striped scrapbooking paper.  I made these address labels and printed them onto the same clear sticker paper.  I just added my text before printing and the bunting added a really cute effect on top of the striped bags.  As before just click on the image to enlarge and save to your computer then add text.


Here is the file for the cotton candy bunches.  I just printed them out and cut them all out individually which took a LONG time but was well worth it in the end.


Comments

CBH said…
Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 2 post on May. 05, 2012. Thanks again.
kslgoblue said…
Wonderful ideas. I will be using some for my volunteer appreciation event in Iowa! Thank you SO much for sharing.

Popular Posts