What's for dinner?

I recently found this recipe in Louisiana Cooking Magazine and decided to give it a try since I had one more pound of Louisiana crawfish tails in the freezer:



Ingredients:
2 Tbs. unsalted butter
1 cup chopped green onion
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1 # Louisiana crawfish tails
1.5 tsp minced garlic
3/4 # smoked Gouda cheese shredded
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup dry vermouth
6 large puff pastry vol au vent shells
salt and pepper to taste

Here's how you make it:
First melt the butter and saute the greens until wilted.


Then add the crawfish tails and garlic and cook until aromatic then add the cheese and cream and cook until the cheese is melted. Add the seasonings and vermouth (I didn't have any vermouth so I substituted cooking sherry and it worked great). Reduce heat to low, and cover for 15 minutes to mix the flavors.


Cook the pastry shells as per the label directions and then scoop the crawfish mixture into the pastry shells.


Enjoy!

Comments

Kendra said…
I'll say it again...you are my idol! You are a working mother, fantastic designer and a chef too?!?! :-)

Popular Posts